Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Nancy Carroll--birthday popup


List of supplies used to make “blast off card”

Fiskars Fuse to cut all the dies. The die to cut was Sizzix Pop'n Cuts 3-D Magnetic Insert Die-Multi-Tier, tape to mount paper on whole project was from AD Tech “permanent bond tape runner”;  DCWV, “All About Boys Stack” ; Graphix velum ; Spellbinders Nestabilites, “Square Swatches”. Craft Smart ribbon throughout (green glitter for banners and covering coffee stirrers inside. We R Memory Keepers washi (from Costco collection) for both front and inside. Orange cardstock mfg unknown (sorry been in closet for many years). EK Success “Space Critters” stickers; 3 Recollections “Iridescent Adhesive Rhinestones”; 3d foam square from Scrapbook Adhesives); Art Minds “Button Button, Button” (star from space ship collection) ; EK Success “Space Critters” stickers; Shrinky Dinks; Fiskars “banners away”;  Stampendous , “Gears Kiddo”

 

First I lined up the papers word on the Sizzix Die so the word “Gears” was at the bottom of the inside tier ( I lucked out on how the head of the robot bends up on the top tier so can be seen from each angle) then I cut it.  I then cut out a second piece in orange paper without the pop-n cut die in place .  I used the “Banners Away” on the edges of the inside paper to bring show the orange paper.  I then used the Fuse with adaper plates to cut the Graphix velum with Spellbinders Nestabilites, “Square Swatches” for the front and inside of the card.

Next I decorated the front of card: I cut the paper for the background by hand from the same stack and attached it using tape, then attached We R Memory Keepers washi border on front;  I then  used a Sharpie pen for lettering and words on the Velum and for coloring in the spaceship (from the “All About Boys Stack” which I fussy cut and then mounted with a 3d foam square from Scrapbook Adhesives), I applied the EK Success “Space Critters” stickers; 3 Recollections “Iridescent Adhesive Rhinestones”; and lastly put banner made from washi tape and ribbon on and then added a button from the Art Minds “Button Button, Button” (star from space ship collection)

Inside of card; I used the popup I first made and I made banners from the We r memory keepers washi  and ribbon and attached them with string to the stirrers that I had with string and then  used Two Recollections brads at the top of the flag pole and for the tiny stars on the banners inside.   I made the Shrinky Dinks in center of velum was made using:  Stampendous , “Gears Kiddo” stamped with Fiskars Black Ink then colored in with Sharpie pens, shrunk it and attached it with tape.  I stamped the words “gearing up to” (from the Stampendous stamp) on plain cardstock , the rest was hand written using Black Sharpie and fussy cut out, I attached the flag poles to the tier with a glue gun. 

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty and cute 3D cards.Love the colors and details. Awesome.Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What a wonder card. I love the colors and details you added to it. Thank you for joining us at Scrap it Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. out of this world!...thanks for taking the March Birthday Challenge at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pop up card! So fun!! Thanks for joining us over at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Such a fun card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete