Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Nancy Carroll--birthday popup


List of supplies used to make “blast off card”

Fiskars Fuse to cut all the dies. The die to cut was Sizzix Pop'n Cuts 3-D Magnetic Insert Die-Multi-Tier, tape to mount paper on whole project was from AD Tech “permanent bond tape runner”;  DCWV, “All About Boys Stack” ; Graphix velum ; Spellbinders Nestabilites, “Square Swatches”. Craft Smart ribbon throughout (green glitter for banners and covering coffee stirrers inside. We R Memory Keepers washi (from Costco collection) for both front and inside. Orange cardstock mfg unknown (sorry been in closet for many years). EK Success “Space Critters” stickers; 3 Recollections “Iridescent Adhesive Rhinestones”; 3d foam square from Scrapbook Adhesives); Art Minds “Button Button, Button” (star from space ship collection) ; EK Success “Space Critters” stickers; Shrinky Dinks; Fiskars “banners away”;  Stampendous , “Gears Kiddo”

 

First I lined up the papers word on the Sizzix Die so the word “Gears” was at the bottom of the inside tier ( I lucked out on how the head of the robot bends up on the top tier so can be seen from each angle) then I cut it.  I then cut out a second piece in orange paper without the pop-n cut die in place .  I used the “Banners Away” on the edges of the inside paper to bring show the orange paper.  I then used the Fuse with adaper plates to cut the Graphix velum with Spellbinders Nestabilites, “Square Swatches” for the front and inside of the card.

Next I decorated the front of card: I cut the paper for the background by hand from the same stack and attached it using tape, then attached We R Memory Keepers washi border on front;  I then  used a Sharpie pen for lettering and words on the Velum and for coloring in the spaceship (from the “All About Boys Stack” which I fussy cut and then mounted with a 3d foam square from Scrapbook Adhesives), I applied the EK Success “Space Critters” stickers; 3 Recollections “Iridescent Adhesive Rhinestones”; and lastly put banner made from washi tape and ribbon on and then added a button from the Art Minds “Button Button, Button” (star from space ship collection)

Inside of card; I used the popup I first made and I made banners from the We r memory keepers washi  and ribbon and attached them with string to the stirrers that I had with string and then  used Two Recollections brads at the top of the flag pole and for the tiny stars on the banners inside.   I made the Shrinky Dinks in center of velum was made using:  Stampendous , “Gears Kiddo” stamped with Fiskars Black Ink then colored in with Sharpie pens, shrunk it and attached it with tape.  I stamped the words “gearing up to” (from the Stampendous stamp) on plain cardstock , the rest was hand written using Black Sharpie and fussy cut out, I attached the flag poles to the tier with a glue gun.