Thursday, April 3, 2014

Nancy Carroll--Birthday Card..stenciled & stamped

Birthday Card (Butterfly Wishes)
ETA: Entered in:Stencils: Styling with Stencils Challenge in the Moxie Fab World
Supplies:
Paper: DCWV paper “Butterfly Stack”; DCWV “The Screen Print Stack”; Recollections “Cream”
Embellishments: Recollections “Iridescent Rhinestones”; generic oval beads; Modern Romance (silk flowers with beads); Offray Ribbon.
Embossing paste: homemade –topping mix and latex paint.; Embossing powder: Stampendous “Periwinkle”
Stamps: Anna Griffin “Modern Graphic Stamps”(Lattice, Rose, Lavender butterfly); Fiskars “Butterfly Magic” (Blue butterfly & Sentiment)
Stencils: Spellbinders Impressionabilities “Butterfly ; Provo Craft Stencil Time—“ Garden Fixins”
Dies:  Spellbinders Shapeabilities “Twisted Metal Tags and Accents”
Glitter Pen: Viva “My Paper World Champagne”
Essentials: Fiskars Fuse and adapter plates; Ad Tech Glue Runner; EK tools 3D-Dots; Tombow “Multi-Mono Liquid Glue”
Inks: Fiskars Black, Colorbox Petal Point Inks “Arboretum”; Spectrum Noir pens flower(CT1, CT2, CT3) flower (BT1, BT2,BT4), flower (PP3, PL1,BP2), flower((pl1, bp2),  LV1 (lavender butterfly wings), TB1 (blue butterfly wings), lower edge butterfly and stems and leaves (CG1, CG2, DG2, DG3)
Tip & Tricks: I used an Embossing Plate as a stencil--

Instructions: To make this card I used the embossing paste that I made and covered the cardstock lightly but unevenly, to make a textured look, and let it dry. I applied the Color Box inks and blended them with a sponge. I then took my stamps and stamped the lattice in the background I then took more embossing paste to cover some of the area to make it look ethereal, then used the Butterfly Embossing as a stencil to make the two edge butterflies(which are embedded in the paste) and let it dry.  I then used my markers and colored the two edge butterflies and flowers, and then sponged in more of the Colorbox inks to match the other side. I then stamped on the butterflies and roses in the trellis area used the Spectrum Noir pens to color add more color to the center butterflies and flowers and leaves. The colors are listed above. I then made picket fence and using the embossing paste and Provo Craft stencil. Next, I stamped the words “butterfly kisses” and embossed it with the embossing powder.  I then made a bow at the bottom of the card and placed the flowers behind it. Then I added in a variety of rhinestones and beads for the bodies the butterflies. I used a tape runner to adhere each layer together. For the inside I used the same papers and cut the Spellbinders Die, for outer border I cut it twice and glued them together, for the bottom layer blue I used a glitter pen on the edge to differentiate the layers and used the glitter pen around the edges, on the top and center layer I stamped the sediment on the final piece and attached it using glue Runner.

4 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHHHHHH MY! You made your own embossing paste!!?!?!? WOWZA! That's awesome! Great texture on this card--- love the colors and your coloring! LOVE that bow-- it's perfect;) FAB card all around, Nancy!

    THANKS so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love! You ROCK <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really awesome Nancy! I love the layers of stamping, bling, and details. The paste is really a great way to give that fence a real feel. Very, very, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Nancy! What a great card and thanks for linking up! So glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creating your own embossing paste is a talent in itself! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete