Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Mixed Media Candle

Hope I did this right, I decided to try something new, so, here is my mixed media candle.  I am entering this in several contests. I looked at them all and tried to decide how I could incorporated all the elements into one project.  For the Papercrafter's Corner I went with the colors, red, a little green, black writing, silver and gray for the hair color Dumbo and the light gives a golden hue shown in a few areas.  For the Unity November challenge it was similar colors.  And for the Mixed Media it was using stamps (Unity stamps were being featured) I did use a Heidi Swap stamp set of words  and left them on the acetate and stamped the whole set vellum and used black embossing powder and heat set it, however, the spotlight was on the Unity Stamp "Everything Christmas" which I stamped on vellum using silver ink I recently acquired and after it dried I  fussy cut it out, backed the frame portion with white paper so once it was wrapped around the words everywhere except the sentiment would.  My friend gave me the wire petals  a while ago and so I took 3 of them and tied them together to make the wreath and decorated it with Maya Road ribbon I won earlier this year and other various ones I had on hand and roses that I had tucked away for sometime that another friend gave me.   Hope you like it..




Unity November (color scheme) http://www.theunitystampco-challenge.blogspot.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=2150
http://papercrafterscorner.com/blog/papercrafting-challenge-magazine-mondays-week-77/#comment-384783
http://mixedmediamc.blogspot.com/2014/11/mixed-media-monthly-challenge-6-stamps.html

7 comments:

  1. So glad you added the "follow by email" link. I love getting these in my mail box! Love the way you incorporated three challenges. And I LOVE your candle! So glad you are feeling well enough to get crafty. My mind is awhirl with ideas, but time is limited. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous candle! Love the text background. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, so beautiful! This lovely holiday candle is just right for the season.

    Lalo
    Mixed Media Monthly Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, such an inviting piece of home decor that will look stunning on your Christmas table x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This candle is beautiful! What a great seasonal project. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so beautiful! what a great project and piece for your home! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete